|Price Starts from|
|Pay $190 Now & 760 on arrival|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a picturesque walking journey that takes you to the foothills of the Annapurna South. It is also popularly called Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking. Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp is highly recommended for those who love to explore the rich cultural diversities, typical Nepalese villages, enjoy the flora and fauna and immerse in the panoramic view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri Himalayan range. Annapurna Base Camp trek falls under Annapurna Region being protected by Nepal Government- led Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
The trip to the Annapurna Base Camp begins in Pokhara, also called the Lake City with a one-hour drive to Nayapul in a jeep. From Nayapul we walk for 30 minutes to reach Tikhedhunga (1540m.) past terraced fields of potatoes, mustard, corn, vegetables and small villages of stone-slated houses. At higher altitude, we gently hike through forests of bamboo and of flowering rhododendrons until we reach glaciated terrain above 4000m. While on trek you will enjoy outstanding Himalayan mountain views in the distance. From Chhomrong, you walk up the Modi Khola gorge which takes you into the heart of the sanctuary and some of the most dramatic mountain scenery on the planet.
Walking slowly and steadily you walk through Machhapuchare base camp and ultimately reach Base Camp of Annapurna South. The huge south face of Annapurna (8090 m.) provides an impressive backdrop, while the up-close views of towering peaks over 6000 m. inspires a joy and life experience for every trekker. With superb views of Mt. Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli in the backdrop, the base camp is a great place to spend one or two days. The extraordinary variety of ecosystem is compressed into two weeks of Annapurna Base Camp walking.
The Annapurna south-facing slope of the base camp is covered with dense of the tropical jungle of rhododendron and bamboo. On the other hand, the alpine region above 3000 m in the north offers dry rain shadow area with a colder climate similar to the Tibetan plateau. We return to Phedi via Dhampus (1650m.) and catch our vehicle for Pokhara. This area is well developed with lodge facilities.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airpor
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (6-7 hours)
- Day 03: Drive to Nayapul (1070m.) and trek Nayapul to Tikhedhunga (1540m.)
- Day 04: Trek Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2750m.) approx. 5-6 hrs
- Day 05: Climb to Poonhill (3210m.) to enjoy the sunrise view & trek to Tadapani (2590m.)
- Day 06: Trek Tadapani to Chhumrung village (2170m.)
- Day 07: Trek Chhumrung to Dovan (2505m.)
- Day 08: Dhovan to MBC (Machhapuchre Base Camp), ABC (Annapurna Base Camp)
- Day 09: ABC to Bamboo
- Day 10: Bamboo to Jhinudanda Hot Spring (1780m.)
- Day 11: Jhinudanda to Nayapul and back to Pokhara same day Kathmandu or stay in pokhara.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- Trekking accommodation in trekkers lodge /Teahouse
- English speaking local trekking guide
- Necessary porters to carry your baggage during the trekking. ( Two persons get one trekking porter)
- Three-time meals during the trekking- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Annapurna Conservation area entry permit
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Annapurna conservation area permit
- All Transportations as per the program
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide and porters)
- Guide and porters salary, food, drinks, accommodations
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All required government and local taxes
- Nepal entry visa fee (you will easily get the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport)
- Your international flight ticket and airport departure tax
- Personal equipment
- High-risk medical insurance
- Hot drinks, Alcoholic beverages, Telephone calls and laundry
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Battery recharge, extra porters, shower etc during the trek
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed (need to pay by your insurance)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early return from the trekking (due to any reason)
- Tips & Gratuities for trekking guide & porter (s)
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport
Our tour guide or any representative team from Great Vision Trek and Expedition will pick you up and drop to your hotel. You have to book a hotel before your arrival. After arriving hotel, we take you to our office and make the settlement of necessary due amount and we will be collecting our passport copy with visa and passport size photo to get TIMS & Permits.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (850m) 6-7 hours
At early morning take you to the bus station and enjoy the scenery of the Trishuli river, forests and local places during your travel. After transferring you to the Pokhara hotel and speak with a guide at what time to leave.
Day 03: Drive to Naya Pul (1070m.) and trek Naya Pul to Tikhe Dhunga (1540m.)
This is our first day of the trek. We drive to Naya Pul via Pokhara which is about 2 hours drive. After we reach Naya Pul, we start our trail walking through the south bank of Modi River that takes us to Birethanti. The trail leads to Bhurungdi Khola, Sudame, pass Lamdawali and Hile. During the trail, we come across a few waterfalls and enjoy the nature. Then we finally reach Tikhe Dhunga which takes about 2 hours walk. We spent our night in a lodge there.
Day 04: Trek Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2750m.) approx. 5-6 hrs
After having breakfast in Tikhe Dhunga, our trail begins climbing through a long uphill which has more than 3000 stone steps. Climbing uphill we reach to Ulleri. After we pass Banthani and Nangge Thanti through the Rhododendron and Oak forest, we finally reach our today’s destination, Ghorepani which takes about 5 to 6 hours walk. It is the gateway to Poon Hill where we have the best view of sunrise and we stay our night in Lodge here.
Day 05: Climb to Poon Hill (3210m.) to enjoy the sunrise view & trek to Tadapani (2590m.)
We wake up early this day so that we can view the first sun ray striking the mountains. We climb uphill to Poon Hill (3210m) where we view the sunrise and take rest in Ghorepani. After the short trek, our trail resumes and we head to the east where we pass across Deurali pass and Ban Thanti. We walk through rhododendron forest that leads to Thulo Odar then we steep descent with a short climb, we reach Tadapani where we spent a night in the lodge.
Day 06: Trek Tadapani to Chhomrong village (2170m.)
Next morning, we walk through the rhododendron forest that will lead us to a suspension bridge that passes perfect terraced fields and a few beautiful waterfalls. After we cross the suspension bridge over Kimrong River, we walk a few miles up and down the hill across Taulung and reach Chhomrong, a beautiful Gurung Village. Chhomrong is la beautiful Gurung village located on the lap of Gaint Annapurna massif. We spent a night here in the lodge.
Day 07: Trek Chhomrong to Dovan (2505m.)
From Chhomrong, we climb up to Sinuwa till Bamboo which is an easy walk to Kuldhigar. We walk across the long steep stone staircase until we reach to Dovan where we cross the suspension bridge. During the trail, we come across Rhododendron, Bamboo and Oak Forest.
Day 08: Dhovan to MBC (Machhapuchre Base Camp/ 31700m), ABC (Annapurna Base Camp/4130m)
From Dovan we continue our trail to Deurali through Himalaya and Hinku cave. The trail leads us to Modi Khola which takes us to Bagar. We walk through an exhausting trail to Machhapuchhre base camp (3,700m). We take rest for an hour and explore the Machhapuchhre area where we can view other beautiful mountains. Finally, our trail leads to Annapurna base camp.
Day 09: ABC to Bamboo
After we enjoy the mighty Annapurna Base Camp, we return to the same trail down to the Bagar, Deurali then to Dovan. We reach to our today’s destination To Bamboo where we pass through temples, beautiful waterfalls, caves, and forest of rhododendron, bamboo, and Oak. We spent the night here in the lodge.
Day 10: Bamboo to Jhinudanda Hot Spring (1780m.)
Next morning, we begin our trail up to the Kuldighar passing Sinuwa and reach Chhomrong. We walk downhill which is vertical and finally reach Jhinudada. Here we go to the hot spring bathing pool which takes only about 15 to 20 mins from Jhinu where we rest and relax. We will spend the night here.
Day 11: Jhinudanda to Nayapul and back to Pokhara to same day to kathmandu or rest in pokhara
Next day we walk through Pathana where we can explore whitewashed stone houses, temples. Annapurna south and Hiun Chuli. After a walk we reach Nayapul then we drive back to Pokhara if you have time stay in pokhara if not contienew to kathgmandu same day.
|Difficulty||Moderate||Trip Lenght||14 days||Group Size||1-22 People|
|Best Month||Sep-Oct-Nov/ Mar-Apr-May/Jun-July-Aug||Transportation||Car, Air, Bus||Accomodation||Tea houses|
|Style||Tea house trek||Max Elevation||4130||Meal||Included|