The Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve is the only Hunting Place of Nepal and lies in the Mountains of Dhaulagiri Region and in the district of Rukum, Myagdi, and Baglum. The maximum Altitude of this region is 5500m. The hunting reserve is permitted by the government of Nepal but the only certain number of wild animals are permitted to be canned. Before canned hunting, you need to take permit of game license from Department of National Park and Conservation Areas from Kathmandu city. You can find a number of endangered animals like Musk deer, Danphe, Cheer Pleasant, Wolf and Red panda in the reserve. This reserve is considered by sub-alpine, alpine and temperate vegetation. Besides Hunting, this reserve is also a home of 36 species also you can view the beautiful view of Rhododendron, Pine, Jupiter, Fir, Hemlock, and Birch along the way.
Duration: 19 days Max Elevation: 5500m Group Size: 1 to 20 People
Accommodation: Hotels/ Tent Meal: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Price Range: Price varies from the group of size. Please send us the email for further inquiry.
Day1: Arrival at Kathmandu.
Our tour guide or any representative team from Great Vision Trek and Expedition will pick you up and drop to your hotel. You have to book a hotel before your arrival.
Day2: Kathmandu Sightseeing.
For sightseeing we guide you to UNESCO world heritage site includes the Pashupatinath temple, Buddhist holy pilgrimage (Buddha and Shyambhu), Kathmandu durbar square, Bhaktapur Durbar square and Patan Durbar square. After took we drop you back to your hotel room through our private vehicle.
Day3: Flight to Pokhara and drive towards Baglung.
Day4: Trekking from Baglung to Bijukot. Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day5-6: Trekking from Bijukot to Galkot and next day move towards Bhim Gheete. Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day7-8: Early morning we head towards Bhurtibang and next day Dowal Phedi. Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day9- 10: Early morning after breakfast our trailing starts towards Dhorpatan where we rest and view animal for hunting. Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day11- 12: Again today we rest and observe animals and next day we trail back to Dhorpatan along Jalijala.Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day13- 14: Today we trail to Maraeni and next day towards Darbang.Where we stay overnight in tented camp.
Day15-16: Trailing to Beni and next day we drive back Pokhara and finally we rest on Hotel.
Day17: Fly back to Kathmandu. Then head to Hotel where you can relax, have fun and have delicious dinner.
Day19: Final Departure. This is your last day in Kathmandu so you can enjoy your meal, go shopping before the flight. Our representative with driver will take you to the airport for departure.
- Domestic and international pick up and drove.
- Three meals during the trek like breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- An experienced and English speaking trekking Guide.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Farewell dinner at the last night in Kathmandu
- Applicable government and local taxes
- Official T-shirt
- Necessary porters (1 porter for 2 people) each porter carries 25 kg
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, domestic flight & Insurance of our trekking guide.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Hot shower while on the trek.
- Single supplements in hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Battery Charges (Available during the trek with Extra cost)
- Personal trekking equipment
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Laundry service
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue in case of emergency