Makalu base camp trek falls under the restricted area of Nepal and lies in the area of Makalu Barun National Park established in 1992 and falls under the eight national park of Nepal. This area is rich in natural beauty, flora, and fauna and lies in the eastern Himalayas region of Nepal. The Makalu National Park is protected Globally under an agreement between Nepal and China. The highlight of this trek is walk through the landscape of Himalayas, this region falls under remote areas where you hardly find any modern facilities and can have more time to explore the beauty of nature.
Duration: 19 days
Maximum Altitude: 5000 m
Group Size: 1- 12
Accommodation: Hotels/ Tent
Transportation: Bus/ Private Car
Meals: Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
Price Range: Price varies from the group of size. Please send us the email for further inquiry.
Day1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Our tour guide or any representative team from Great Vision Trek and Expedition will pick you up and drop to your hotel. You have to book a hotel before your arrival.
Day 02: Kathmandu City Sightseeing
For sightseeing we guide you to UNESCO world heritage site includes the Pashupatinath temple, Buddhist holy pilgrimage (Buddha and Shyambhu), Kathmandu durbar square, Bhaktapur Durbar square and Patan Durbar square. After took we drop you back to your hotel room through our private vehicle.
Day3: Flight from Kathmandu to Khadbari
It takes 50 minutes to reach Tumlingtar(400m) airport. We trail starts all the way passing sal trees forest, Rhododendron forest, and villages. We trail almost 3 hours and rest at near villages. Next, we trail towards the north side of Khadbari and trail for an hour until next village. We stay overnight at villages or tent.
Day4: Khadbari to Chichila
This is the trek where you walk towards the lush forests. After trailing further we move towards village along the bamboo forest, Arun Than (1280m). The trail further continues towards small villages which are inhabited by Gurung and many other communities.
Day5: Trek from Chichila to Num
From Chichila we trek almost an hour to reach Num(1505m), which is above the ridge of Arun Khosi River. Every evening Num experiences the lightning and thunder which gives you a little bit of interesting experience while trekking.
Day6: Trek from Num to Seduwa
During trailing, we pass through Traditional villages where the people of this villages are engaged and cultivate like vegetables, Potatoes depending on seasons. The trail continues along the dense forest where we reach towards Seduwa(1540m).
Day7: Trekking from Seduwa to Tashigoan.
The trail begins from the early morning of Seduwa where we meet ridge which is surrounded by the Ipsuwa Khola on the west and east. After few hours of trailing, we reach Tashigoan(2070m).
Day8: Trekking from Tashigaon to Khongma(3560m)
Day9: Trekking from Khongma to Mumbuk
Day10: Trekking from Mumbuk to Nghekharka
Day11: Trekking from Nghekharka to Merek
Day12: Merek to Makalu Base Camp
Day13: Exploring Day
Day14: Back to Khongma
Day15: Back to Seduwa
Day16: Back to Chichila.
We trek early morning to reach Chichila. Where we camp and stay overnight.
Day17: Back to Tumlingtar.
We trek back from Chichila to Tumlingtar. Where we stay overnight.
Day18: Back to Kathmandu.
Early Morning we take our Flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu.
Day19: Final Departure.
This is the day of your departure so you can have shopping and celebrate your successful trekking journey. Our representative with driver will take you to the airport on time.
- Domestic and international pick up and drove.
- Three meals during the trek like breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- An experienced and English speaking trekking Guide.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Farewell dinner at the last night in Kathmandu
- Applicable government and local taxes
- Official T-shirt
- Necessary porters (1 porter for 2 people) each porter carries 25 kg
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, domestic flight & Insurance of our trekking guide.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Hot shower while on the trek.
- Single supplements in hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Battery Charges (Available during the trek with Extra cost)
- Personal trekking equipment
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Laundry service
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue in case of emergency