The Mustang Fiji Festival Trek is one of the oldest Fiji Festival celebrated on 14, 15 and 16th of May by the people who live in Upper Mustang Region. It is famous among foreigners for its colorful festival. This festival is celebrated for 3 days and known as 'The chasing od demons' and is one of the popular festivals among Buddhist community. The Fiji Festival is a true story behind a person named Dorje Jono who saved the kingdom of Mustang fighting against his cruel father. On this day people pray for God to have Water and fertile land to grow crops. Monks wear traditional clothes and dance with the face mask to keep the spirits away. During your visit to Mustang, you get to experience the unreal thing. Before visit Mustang you need to get special permit fee from the government registered trekking agencies of Nepal in Kathmandu city. The Mustang Fiji Festival helps to experience the same dance, color, and ritual that have been passed through hundreds of generation.
Duration: 18 days Maximum altitude: 4320m Group size: 1-12
Accommodation: Hotels/ Rent Festival date: 14, 15 and 16 may every year.
Transportation: Bus/ Private Car/ Flights Meals: Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
Price Range: Price varies from the group of size. Please send us the email for further inquiry.
Day1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Our tour guide or any representative team from Great Vision Trek and Expedition will pick you up and drop to your hotel. You have to book a hotel before your arrival.
Day 02: Kathmandu City Sightseeing
For sightseeing we guide you to UNESCO world heritage site includes the Pashupatinath temple, Buddhist holy pilgrimage (Buddha and Shyambhu), Kathmandu durbar square, Bhaktapur Durbar square and Patan Durbar square. After took we drop you back to your hotel room through our private vehicle.
Day3: Flight to Pokhara(25 minutes) or drive about 7 hours to reach.
On the way, we can view the beautiful mountains of Manaslu, Machhapuchre, Dhaulagiri.
Day4: Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom and trekking towards Kagbeni(2584m).
We take an early flight from Pokhara to Jomsom which is about 25 minutes, the weather will be very windy in the afternoon. On the way, you can view the peak like Tukuche, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus, and Nilgiri. After trailing 4 hours we reach Kagbeni.
Day5: Trekking from Kagbeni to Chele.
The trail starts from the Kali Gandaki riverbank from where we access to Upper Mustang along small ridges, villages, Cultivation fields. After trailing over 6 hours we reach towards Chele(3050m).
Day6: Trekking Chele to Ghiling
Day7: Trekking from Ghiling to Charang
Day8: Trekking from Charang to Lo-Manthang
Day9-10-11: Fiji Festival begins
Day12: Trekking back to Lo-Manhthang along Ghami passing Lo-Geker
Day13: Trekking from Ghami to Samar
Day14: Trekking from Samar to Kagbeni
Day15: Trekking from Kagbeni to Jomsom
Day16: Flight back to Pokhara.
Early Morning we take our Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara. During the afternoon we visit and explore the city. We stay overnight at Hotels.
Day17: Back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Early Morning we take our Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Day18: Final Departure.
This is the day of your departure so you can have shopping and celebrate your successful trekking journey. Our representative with driver will take you to the airport on time.
- Domestic and international pick up and drove.
- Three meals during the trek like breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- An experienced and English speaking trekking Guide.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Farewell dinner at the last night in Kathmandu
- Applicable government and local taxes
- Official T-shirt
- Necessary porters (1 porter for 2 people) each porter carries 25 kg
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, domestic flight & Insurance of our trekking guide.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Your Travel/Medical insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Hot shower while on the trek.
- Single supplements in hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Optional trips not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping to guide and porter
- Battery Charges (Available during the trek with Extra cost)
- Personal trekking equipment
- Drinks (including tea) and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Laundry service
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue in case of emergency